Thursday, January 20, 2011

Waiting on the Next Best Thing...

So yesterday afternoon at about 12 noon, applications for the Disney College Program Fall/Fall Advantage went live on www.disneycollegeprogram.com. I received a text from someone and instantly bolted to apply. Luckily, being a current cast member as a Campus Representative, I did not have to pass the web-based interview. I was prompted to call for a phone interview immediately after submitting my application...THANK YOU DISNEY!

So I called the phone number I was provided with to schedule a phone interview. I was surprised to learn that I was the 7th, yes the 7th, person to call after applying. With interview time slots available as early as today, January 20th, I just wanted to get it done! So today, I had my phone interview with a college recruiter for the Walt Disney Company at 11:15 am. On the dot, because Disney is very punctual, i received my call. Some of the questions I was asked were as follows:


Why do I want to work for Disney at this point in my life?

What makes me beneficial to Disney?

What are my top 3 roles from my role checklist and why?

How would I deal with working with VIP guests?

If I were dealing with a repetitive task, how would I keep myself 
interested and motivated?

What sets me apart form other applicants?

How would you deal with a problem in your roommates?

Having done the interview process and the College Program before, my recruited told me she would skip a few basic questions because they are only necessary for students who have never worked for Disney before. I felt a little more nervous this time than I did for my last interview, I have no idea why. Unfortunately, I was not able to talk about, what I felt, was one of my best moments of the CP. I had the opportunity to network with Bob Igor and Meg Crofton. I mentioned it when she asked if I had dealt with VIPs, but that was it. Overall, I felt the interview went very well! Now we play the waiting game...tune in next time for the exciting conclusion of.."AS THE SPACESHIP EARTH TURNS!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment