Tuesday, February 1, 2011

30 Day Disney Challenge! Day - 2!

My favorite Disney princess? Hmmm.. that is a tough one! I mean, there are so many women that would love to stand in this spot light, but I have to narrow it down to only one! When I was a child, Cinderella was my all time favorite Disney movie, I would watch it whenever I could. And surprise, I don't even own it now! However, Cinderella has moved in with her prince and Chip was left to find a new princess to fawn over. I was alone, i was left wanting, until Ariel came along!

*Side note.....all of my blogs have to be written like a soap opera. It's just my style. After all...this is As the Spaceship Earth Turns*

Ariel is a headstrong and independent sixteen year old princess. She also has great style. I mean, if I had a huge head of hair that looked like a blob of ketchup atop my head, I wouldn't know how to work it. Look at her, even under the salty depths of the sea, she looks fantastic! I mean, yes her aunt is this seriously deranged octopod, but she lives in gorgeous undersea palace....and then she ends up in a gorgeous sea-side palace. Who could want for more? So, Ariel! It has to be Ariel!

When my sister was a child, she loved the Little Mermaid more than any other movie. I remember the soundtrack playing constantly for a few years! I have one specific memory of her when she was about six years old, she had just finished watching the film and was in the back year singing Part of Your World. All of a sudden, she climbs on top of the picnic table as if it were the rock next to Prince Eric's palace. She hoists herself up at the climax of the song as if she really were Ariel! It was pretty funny. And even funnier....when she fell off the picnic table and crashed onto the grass. Sorry Ash, there's no liquid landing patch below that picnic table!

No comments:

Post a Comment